18:30 24 June - 17:30 25 June 2013
Location: Wilkins Old Refectory, Wilkins Building, Gower Street, UCL WC1E 6BT
The digital world increasingly collides with the physical environment.
The built environment is increasingly monitored, managed and constructed using integrated data systems. Live data feeds provide 24/7 monitoring of energy use, and movement tracking across our cities.
BIM is gaining ground as a response to developing buildings and infrastructure that are problem free, better matched to purpose and more efficient.
How should built environment educators understand and apply these phenomena in shaping the practice of future built environment professionals?
The Bartlett, a world leading multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment is initiating discussion with leading thinkers and teachers of the built environment on the most up to date issues in critical pedagogy. We have chosen the role of big data and BIM within education as our theme for 2013 as it is timely and cutting edge for those interested in the future of built environment education.
This conference will be an ideal place for you to showcase your views on the integration of BIM and big data into higher education and teaching, and to engage with leading international and UK thinkers.
You will be given the chance to visit the annual Bartlett Summer Show and network with students and colleagues in Architecture, Construction, Energy and Environment, Engineering, Facility Management, Planning, Project Management, Real Estate, Spatial analysis and Urban Design.
- Prof. Alan Penn, Dean of The Bartlett
- Prof. Alexi Marmot, Vice-Dean Teaching and Learning at The Bartlett
- Dr. Andy Hudson-Smith, Head of The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Phil Bernstein, Vice-President Autodesk AEC Solutions
- Prof. Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost Education, UCL
- Tim Platts, BIM Academic Forum
- Aled Williams, Discipline Lead for the Built Environment, Higher Education Academy
- John Eynon, Open Water Consulting Ltd.
- Prof. Jennifer Whyte, Director of Design Innovation Research Centre, School of Construction Management and Engineering, University of Reading
- George Roussos, Professor of Pervasive Computing, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Rebecca De Cicco, Steering Group Member, BIM 2050 Construction Industry Council
- Peter Folwell, Director, Plowman Craven
- David Morton, Senior Lecturer, Northumbria University
- Steve Race, BIM Task Force Core Management Team
- Dr Ljiljana Marjanovic-Halburd, Senior Lecturer, The Bartlett School of Graduate Studies
- Prof. Tim Broyd, Chair in Built Environment Foresight, The Bartlett
- John Kelsey, Lecturer, The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
- Dr Hannah Fry, Lecturer, The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Stefan Boeykens, PhD and Niels Wouters, PhD Candidate, KU Leuven, Department of Architecture, Urbanism and Planning
- Phil Langley, PhD Candidate, University of Sheffield
- Jorge Gil, PhD Candidate, TU Delft Faculty of Architecture
- Martin Ruskov, Research Student, Department of Computer Science, UCL
If anyone has concerns about attendance due to hardship, please send enquires to Jane Robb. Free places for a limited number of students will be advertised at a later date.