UCL ISR and our partner institute UCL-Energy, have codeveloped an exciting new Masters in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment (MSc in EPEE).
The aim of this new course is to give its students the essential knowledge that they need to understand, analyse and manage environment-resource-economy interactions.
This is now a global agenda of increasing importance to business, policy makers and civil society in all countries.
The MSC EPEE was launched in September 2013 with the enrolment of 54 students from around the world. There are further plans to launch an additional MSc in the thematic area of sustainable resources in 2015 or 2016.
The MSc in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment is a 180
credit course, focused on the needs of early career researchers.
course will employ a range of teaching, learning and assessment
methodologies, including lectures, interactive seminars and
presentations from visiting speakers from a range of businesses and
Students will also be able to attend the
wide-ranging seminar series organised by UCL ISR, UCL Energy and
the other Schools contributing to the MSc.
methods will differ between modules, and will comprise examinations,
assessed course work, including hands-on modelling projects, and a
dissertation for students to put into detailed practice the methods and
techniques about which they have learned in the taught part of the
- BENVGEC1 - Research Concepts and Methods (15 credits)
- BENVGEC2 - Environmental and Resource Economics (15 credits)
- BENVGEC3 - Modelling, Methods and Scenarios (15 credits)
- PUBLG012 (BENVGEC4) - Political Economy of Energy Policy (15 credits)
- BENVGEC5 - Evidence, Policy Assessment and Environmental Law (15 credits)
- BNVGBE1 - Dissertation (60 credits)
- BENVGEC6 - Advanced Energy-Environment-Economy Modelling
- BENVGEC7- UK Energy and Environment Policy and Law
- BENVGEC8 - Energy, Technology and Innovation
- BENVGEC9 - Energy, People and Behaviour BENVGECA - Business and Sustainability
- PUBLGO88 -Advanced Quantitative Methods
Further detail on the course content of these models can be found at MSc EPEE>
How to Apply
Details of the application process for this course can be found at: